Abortion Appointment Info
- Cost and Payment
- What to Bring
- Guests and Support People
- Location, How to Get Here, Protesors
- Other Info
- Payment is due in full at your appointment. We accept credit cards, debit cards, HSA cards, and cash. Checks are not accepted.
- If you have Minnesota Medical Assistance (MA) you will only owe a $10 copay at your appointment.
- Visit our Payment and Fees page to see our out-of-pocket costs for abortion.
- If you are using funding assistance or health insurance, those will be subtracted the from the out-of-pocket amounts above.
- Photo ID
- Insurance card(s) if using
- Payment method
- 2 maxi pads
- Any prescription medications or inhalers you will need for the day
- Eat a big breakfast, bring a water bottle
- Book or other quiet entertainment, please use headphones if you'll be listening to anything
- Phone/computer charger
- Wear a comfy outfit with layers, parts of our clinic are warm, others chilly
Guests, including children, are not allowed in the clinic; the following exceptions apply:
- Patients who are minors under the age of 18 may bring one adult support person.
- Patients requiring translation services may bring one trusted guest to provide translations. Professional translation services are also available at no cost; please call the clinic for more information.
- Those with disabilities requiring additional assistance may bring one guest or caregiver.
- Our address is 32 E 1st Street, Suite 300, Duluth, MN 55802
- WE Health Clinic is located in the Building for Women. Across the street from us is a place called "Women's Care Center" with pink awnings - they are an anti-abortion organization. Do not get them mixed up with us!
- There is no parking at our building, but there is a paid parking ramp next door as well as metered parking along the streets.
PROTESTORS AND HOW TO DEAL WITH THEM
- There may be anti-abortion protestors outside the building. WE Health Clinic will have our volunteers wearing brightly colored rainbow striped vests that say "clinic escort" across them. Our volunteers are there to help you into the building and keep an eye on the protestors.
- If you are getting dropped off: Have your ride go through the alleyway behind our building (between 1st Street and Superior Street) and come in the backdoor. This will prevent you from having to go directly past the protestors. For those with mobility disabilities please note the back entrance is not accessible, instead please use the front entrance.
- If you are driving yourself: When you arrive call the clinic and our volunteers can meet you at your car to help you walk past the protestors and into the building.
- Please be on time to your appointment; no need to come early.
- Plan to spend 3-5 hours at our clinic, with periods of down time.
- Call if you are going to be late or need to cancel or reschedule.
- If you start to experience COVID symptoms or have a positive test, please call us to reschedule.